Issue with Italic mode with Arial font (doesn't work together with bold)

Hello,
I've been using CDx7 for several years on a windows 10 pc without any problems. The other day I opened Bitstream Font Navigator (while both Draw and Paint were OPEN) in order to install two new fonts. After installing the font (and closing Bitstream) I suddenly found that the "Italic" mode no longer function properly together with bold for the ARIAL font in Draw and Paint. And after some simple testing I found that when using bold and italic together the issue seems to be some issue related specifically to (or caused by) the ITALIC function, that causes it not to work together with bold. The UNDERSCORE function works fine. and all other fonts work correctly. Here is how the Arial font acts:

> CorelDraw (CD)... When both Bold and Italic are toggled on separately, they are fine.  But when you toggle them TOGETHER, the text will only show as regular Arial while in EDIT mode. As soon as I stop editing, the text will show correctly as bold-italic. But as soon as I click the text to edit it again, it goes back to showing as regular text. Individually (selecting bold OR italic) the text behaves correctly. If I have one or the other selected, as soon as I select the second (to have both) the text turns back to showing as regular text again.

> PhotoPaint (PP)... Here, the text behaves similarly except that you can't make changes to the text while still 'selected' but not highlighted for editing. In editing mode, you can toggle bold and italic separately and the text will show correctly. But as soon as you try to toggle them together, italic will not work.
Here are some examples:

> Example-1) Start off with regular text. Then first toggle on bold and it will show as bold. Next, toggle on italic, and nothing will happen. Leave italic on, and toggle bold off, and the text to change to italic.

> Example-2) Start off with regular text. Then first toggle on italic and it will show as italic. Next, toggle on bold, and it changes to bold only.

I tried reinstalling Arial font by first closing both Draw and Paint. Opening Bitstream, uninstalling Arial, then Installing it. Then rebooting Windows But it doesn't fix it. I checked the font files in Windows (C:\Windows\fonts) and the bold-italic font file is there and shows correctly when I preview it.  The font also works correctly in text editors (such as Word and Wordpad), so I figured any further tinkering with the font file itself would be useless (such as copy/pasting a new file). So it must be an issue only within the CorelDraw suite.

Any suggestions?  (I'm not open for reinstalling it)

Thanks...JEB