Fireball XL5 Ready to Go

This would probably be the hardest and most complex thing I have done. There was a lot of detail, yet a lot I left out, but I tried to put in what counts. Not to mention the show was in black and white. This shot is not out there in color. I know the colors of the ship because I have the diecast, but everything else I made up. I am pleased.

Anonymous
  • LOL...sorry HPP. I use a lot of technique...especially when it comes to the perspective. I mentioned this before...if position is crucial, I will lay the pic over the drawing and make sure all is alligned correctly, so it's a tool. It all goes back to a Romulan Bird of Prey I did once. No matter what I did, I could not get the swoop of the wing right, so I basically traced the wing, and it fit perfectly. Now...getting back to your statement about it being the best I did so far...I agree. It was the toughest thing I have done. I used a lot of technique I never used before, learned new stuff and really pulled it off. Then why does someone come here and lower the star rating on it? I have done simpler, less complex things, and they get a five star rating. here I pull off what essentially is a miracle due to this whole program being self taught, and it comes up as fair. I am NOT looking for undue credit. But I feel a fair rating is...well...fair. How can a m ore complex advanced piece come up fair when simple, more popular, drawings get top rating? As I said...I believe it is a popularity contest. people like the trek stuff better than XL5, so they rate it on it's popularity, not on the drawing itself. I thought, being a Corel page, we were here to critique and give credit when good use and examples of knowledge of the program are demonstrated. I'm just confused. I am very impressed with how Tik Tok turned out...but he was simple and practically NO advanced skill was needed. I put this out strecthing all my knowledge and know how on this program, and it is rated lower. I am just curious.

• I think this might be the best one you've done.  The rendering is excellent, perspective is excellent.  You're so good you make the rest of us despair!  

• So obviously pictures are rated on popularity, not on technique, or ability to be creative in the use of Corel Draw. I think I get it now.

• Shading on this one is very impressive.

Related
Recommended