CDR default color black when opening files!

Whenever I open CDR files, especially ones with Pantone colors, the background or main PMS color is ALWAYS black!! I don't know why this happens! I always have to go to the previous file to find out what color it was so I can change it back to what it's supposed to be. I have uploaded a video, hopefully you all can see what I'm talking about. If not, somebody please let me know and I will upload pictures.

My CDR version is 24.5.0.731 - September 2023 Release Graphics Suite 

Parents
No Data
  • You have the ability to set the default fill and outline color in CorelDRAW! 

You state the whenever you open a CorelDRAW file, (then you say especially ones with Pantone  colors) the background, (by that I assume the fill color) is black.

Those can be two separate concepts, if you start a new document and the fill is black that is because the default has been set to black. Regardless of the default color mode, RGB or CMYK.

There were know issues with custom spot color palettes with previous versions of CorelDRAW.  Are you opening files created in previous versions of CorelDRAW?  Did you use custom spot color palettes in those old files? Did you import custom spot palettes from older versions of CorelDRAW into CorelDRAW 2023?

Children
No Data