Get ActiveX error when instantiating "VGCore.StyleSheet"

I am in the middle of converting numerous CorelDRAW-15 GMS files that run in a production setting to CorelDRAW-17. I'm replacing the statement "CorelScript.LoadStyles()" with the code below, but for the statement "Set objStyleSht = New VGCore.StyleSheet" I am getting the error "ActiveX component can't create object". This is basic VBA syntax that should work. Can anyone help?!

'==== NEW CODE ====

Sub CleanMyStyles()
    Dim objStyleSht As VGCore.StyleSheet
    Set objStyleSht = New VGCore.StyleSheet
    objStyleSht.Import "\\{my-server}\{style-sheets}\CORELDRW.cdt", False, True, True, True, False
End Sub

'==================

EXTRA INFORMATION:  In CorelDRAW-15 the LoadStyles() function was being used to load a 'clean' CDT file that had very few styles. The cache of loaded styles seemed to get updated resulting in very few styles appearing in the Graphic and Text Styles tool panel. I thought that the code above would be the appropriate way to do this in CorelDRAW-17, but as I said I get the ActiveX error.

ADDITIONAL QUESTION:  In CorelDRAW-17 I was able to use the statement "ActiveDocument.LoadStyleSheet()" to load a CDT file. This resulted in a smaller CDR file. Is this an appropriate alternative to CorelDraw-15's "CorelScript.LoadStyles()" function?

Thanks VERY much for any help or advice

Allan Kisner