This is just out of curiosity

Hi Everybody,

This is just out of curiosity.  I'm not about to purchase Illustrator just to make a  few drawings for a newsletter or two per month.

People have posted that they have found DRAW to be much better and faster than Adobe Illustrator.  Others have responded that Adobe Illustrator is better.  A few others have posted that it depends on what you are doing.

Can the pro DRAW people and the pro Illustrator people be a lot more specific. 
1. Specifically, what kind of work do you do.  Show an example.
2. Specifically, what tools are better or faster in DRAW or Illustrator for what you do.

I think that it would be helpful to everyone to see such specific comparisons.

Perhaps something along the lines which I have posted, i.e.
1.   I'm an amateur photographer these days.  I've posted many of my photos.
2.   Primarily, I use Photopaint for the interface.  I use 48 home made icons on six home made toolbars for tools, dialogs, dockers, etc.
3.  Photoshop would force me to use 48 keyboard shortcuts.  I can't memorize 48 keyboard shortcuts.  I have also found that icons are faster than keyboard shortcuts.
4.  The Curves dialog in Photopaint is superior to the one in Photoshop. It has a linear mode, an interactive histogram, and is slightly larger. 
5.  Color Mask in Photopaint is light years ahead of Color Range in Photoshop. Color Mask's dialog displays all choices and their range.  In Photoshop you're poking in the dark as you sequentially make one choice after another.
6.  I use Photoshop for difficult Selections.  The Quick Selection tool and Refine Edges dialog is both quicker and more accurate than the Selection tools in Photopaint. I use either Photoshop or PaintShopPro for the Liquify tool and the Content Aware Fill dialog.  There is nothing even close to these tools in Photopaint.

I think that it would be useful to one and all for similar specific comparisons between DRAW and AI.
Phil