• Video How to Convert Corel Painter White Background Canvas Layer to transparant

Video How to Convert Corel Painter White Background Canvas Layer to transparant.

In this video I show how to Convert Canvas Layer to a transparant layer in Corel Painter. Basically you have made a drawing on paper and scan the illustration and open the image in Corel Painter. And like to remove the white background, in this case the Default Canvas Background Layer.

Stefan Lindblad
    Illustrator, graphic designer
    www.stefanlindblad…

• Fri, Jan 19 2018
  • Fingerprints a connection through time

I saw a fingerprint on a small ceramic, 15 cm tall, 2000 years old or more, when visiting a friend’s place 25 years ago. It didn’t cost much, and he was so proud of it. I got to hold it in my hand. When I saw that fingerprint I felt some sort of humanity and connection with whomever made it. As I write this it hits me : was it not not even older, 4000 years old? Does it matter. It’s in a way a wink, unintentionally or…

• Fri, Jan 19 2018
  • Buy the EBook version of The Eclectic Colouring Book

Buy the EBook version of The Eclectic Colouring Book.

You can always buy this second colouring book I created, called The Eclectic colouring Book, via Amazon, The Book Depository and other online stores. All printed on Paper, Paperback.

But this particular book version is the E-Book version, and only available through my own onlinestore (E-Store). You can securly pay with your prefered Bank Debit, Credit card of Visa…

• Thu, Jan 18 2018
  • New poster illustration and design

My new poster illustration and design, all created in vector

I was approached by the very nice Swedish Opera singing company, equivalent in size to a “off, off, Broadway company” in Stockholm Sweden. Wonderful people who work with other things during the days and moonlight out of passion, in putting up their own Opera singing concerts.

The theatre Olympiateatern (Olympia Theatre) is situated in a really nice…

• Thu, Jan 18 2018
  • Made a drawing from the Metro, Subway in Stockholm Sweden

Drawing by Stefan Lindblad

I´m my own boss, I´m a freelancer. And with that comes the good to decide to stop for a moment and look at my surroundings and people rushing from work, heading home in droves to pick up their kids, sports events, cultural events, making dinner – while I can wait for the next metro train on the subway station T-Centralen in Downtown Stockholm, Sweden. And draw whats in front of me.

Here…

• Thu, Jan 11 2018
  • My drawings from summer 2017, Orust, Sweden

Drawing by Stefan Lindblad

During july last year (2017), the summer period in Sweden, we headed down south and the west-Coast of Sweden. Not a super long coast to Coast American style from new york to Los Angeles. Rather short from Stockholm to Gothenburg (Göteborg). Still a coast to coast you like, but it takes approximately 6 hours instead of 44 hours, according to Google Maps. So there is a difference…

During…

• Thu, Jan 11 2018
  • The movie Valerian by Luc Besson, where is Laurelinne?

I just loved all the “Linda and Valentin”  comic albums I read as a kid. Absolutely stunning stories and the Art, fabulous stuff. By  Jean-Claude Mézières, one of my comic illustrator heroes together with Mobius.  

And so good that eventually George Lucas and his team basically stole, sorry got VERY inspired by the Art, and made for instance The Millennium Falcon look very similar to, yep, Laurelinne & Valerian…

• Wed, Apr 26 2017
  • Freelance sites freelancers worst enemy?

The worst enemy,  professionally and as a hobby, for any aspiring freelancing artist, illustrator and designer, are their own selves. This simply because they constantly risk undervaluing themselves, their work hours when it comes to getting payed in money. Some odd balls even think it unnecessary to work for money, because it is art they love. And they work for the love of art and not money.

All is just so stupid, really…

• Sun, Apr 23 2017
  • User Walk-Through Patterns

Categories of user walk-through patterns:

1. Coach marks;
    2. Pop-ups;
    3. Notifications within content;
    4. Walk-through tutorials at the launch;
    5. Hotspots;
    6. Notification text;
    7. Dialog tips at the launch;
    8. Combinations of two or more categories.

Coach marks

Features
    1. Take over the full screen with gradient or tinted overlay;
    2. Highlight one specific area;
    3. Give very brief explanation to it;
    4. Are closed by…

• Wed, Apr 12 2017

1. Coach marks;
    2. Pop-ups;
    5. Hotspots;
    6. Notification text;

Coach marks

Features
    4. Are closed by…

• Wed, Apr 12 2017

1. Coach marks;
    2. Pop-ups;
    5. Hotspots;
    6. Notification text;

Coach marks

Features
    4. Are closed by…

• Wed, Apr 12 2017
  • Drawing from my coloring book in colour: The Eclectic Colouring Book

Illustration, drawing, colouring, Stefan Lindblad, Eclectic, book
    Illustration, drawing & colouring by Stefan Lindblad
    Coloured my drawing from my Colouring Book. Enjoying a  soft Saturday after a long work week – of drawing and illustrations. Mad, but fun and relaxing. Just for the joy and not work. Had a great cup of coffee and two Swedish Ballerina chocolate cookies for my fika. My self, indie published coloring book: ” The Eclectic Colouring Book“. Available on Amaz…
    • Sat, Apr 1 2017
  • My best marketing tips for freelancers

I was asked if I could share some of my marketing tips. I always try to use both traditional and new ways to market my illustration & design business.

So, in how to marketing yourself as a freelancer, here a few thoughts.
    I always carry my business cards with me. And I don’t mind talking with people. That alone have helped me quite a bit in marketing and branding myself. Meetings in person have often show to be…

• Thu, Mar 30 2017
  • New Science Fiction novel “Lenders” by John Johnson

Check out my friend John Johnson´s brand new Science Fiction novel: “Lenders”. It´s now available as a Kindle version, and a print version will come later on. I simply love the cover,by designer Adrian Juman. And the book story sounds great! And I like to read the entire story.

This is John Johnson´s first Science Fiction book. And I have been fortunate to know about this book project since almost…
    • Thu, Mar 23 2017
  • Nr 5 of my illustrations from my Colouring Book being coloured: Steampunk Woman

Here comes the Steampunk Woman coloured. Straight out of “The Eclectic Colouring Book”. When I started drawing the illustrations for my Indie published Colouring Book, this was one of the very first I made. She has the same steampunk machinery on her back, like she who made it to the book cover.

If you too like to colour this drawing, head over to Amazon, or check at your favorite store. Amazon.com will ship…

• Sun, Feb 19 2017
  • My 4th coloured illustration from The Eclectic Colouring Book

I really enjoyed,  loved creating my own indie published Book.  I first said, this is for others to colour. But I can’t hold back now, it’s just so fun.

My fourth illustration in my book The Eclectic Colouring Book, I’ve now coloured. I made the drawing in Corel Painter. I used Touch Twin marker pens for the colouring.

Illustrator / artist : Stefan Lindblad
    Colouring: Stefan Lindblad
    Book: The Eclectic…

• Fri, Feb 17 2017
  • My 2nd coloured illustration in The Eclectic Colouring Book

As i continue on my fun quest on colouring my own illustrations, drawings from my own self published / indie published Coloring Book: The Eclectic Colouring Book. Available via Createspace Publishing / Amazon. 

For colouring I used Touch – Twin Markers and Faber Castell Pitt Artist Pen. The illustration itself I drew in Corel Painter and sketch in my sketchbook. Using a wacom drawing tablet.

Artist/illustrator

• Thu, Feb 16 2017
  • New illustration coloured, The Eclectic Colouring Book going forward

Here one more of my illustrations coloured from my book: The Eclectic Colouring Book. For colouring I used Touch – Twin Markers.The illustration itself I drew in Corel Painter. And a wacom drawing tablet. Drawn from beginning to finish.

Artist/illustrator: Stefan Lindblad (yours truly)

You can buy the book via: The Eclectic Colouring Book, Available at Amazon

I publish the book under…

• Thu, Feb 16 2017
  • Me colouring in my own book The Eclectic Colouring Book

Here is my own illustration & colouring from my book: The Eclectic Colouring Book. PS.  Sorry for the meme text effect on the text, but it’s the only app I found. For colouring I used Touch – Twin Markers,  and Faber Castellated Pitt Artist Pen.

Artist: Stefan Lindblad

You can buy the book via: The Eclectic Colouring Book, Available at Amazon

I publish the book under my own…

• Wed, Feb 15 2017
  • Rapid Prototyping for Tinder | Mobile VR

Following [the post by Volodymyr Kurbatov] about sketching for VR, I experimented with the technique to see how easy it would be to create and user test the first drafts for mobile VR apps.

My concept was to design a VR experience for Tinder app.

Tinder has Major features:
    1. Explore matches;
    2. See your matches;
    3. Chat with your matches;
    4. Settings.

The VR sketch template provides 4 sides and thus places the user in…

• Tue, Jan 24 2017

Following [the post by Volodymyr Kurbatov] about sketching for VR, I experimented with the technique to see how easy it would be to create and user test the first drafts for mobile VR apps.

1. Explore matches;
    2. See your matches;
    4. Settings.

• Tue, Jan 24 2017

1. Explore matches;
    2. See your matches;
    4. Settings.

• Tue, Jan 24 2017
  • My New Info Graphic illustration: Ablative brain Surgery. CorelDRAW X7

My New info graphic illustration about “Ablative Brain Surgery”. True vector art made with CorelDRAW X7. So called ablative brain surgery method, destroy brain tissue and leave it in its place. Not removing it.

You can see my illustration and more info graphics on my website illustration page, dedicated for Info Graphics. read, see more >

Ablative brain surgery, info graphic illustration by Stefan Lindblad, CorelDRAW Master

Stefan Lindblad
    Illustration, graphic design & art
    www.stefanlindblad…

• Thu, Feb 12 2015
  • I am A Swede so I swear. If an Anglo is offended, sorry it’s your own cultural fault

I was reminded  by a friend, and rightly so as he is correct,  that we swedes tend to over use the words “***, fucking, ***”. That’s how it is really, the result of what? 100 or so years of American culture and some brittish  as well. All the movies from Hollywood  and all the TV shows and tv series invading  us, have made us all embrace  the words *** fucking ***, the same way we use our own words  to emphasize…

• Sun, Jan 25 2015
  • The book I never manage to read and followed me around

This Book have haunted me, almost, on trips through Europe on trains, and big towns and small towns in the US of A. In Sweden you are supposed to love any book of this writer. Full stop. And yep its a great writer.  Only… This particular  book I’ve never managed to read through. And feeling  guilty almost for not doing it. I used to bring it with me on all trips. I just thought I must manage to read the freaking book…

• Sat, Jan 17 2015