My first experience with David occurred at the CorelDRAW User conference in 1994.  I was the new kid at the CorelDRAW user conference and since David and I had chatted on the Corel CompuServe forums I wanted to meet him and put a face to the name.  Before I could introduce myself he took to the stage to teach a class on PHOTO-PAINT and in front of 200 people he started the session with...

"Ladies and gentlemen, you're going to think I'm crazy when I ask you this, but please bow your heads and pray with me...".

David was a deeply faithful man who enjoyed getting into long discussions regarding his passions. He was very direct and you never had to wonder how he felt about a topic, he simply told you. A trait I have always appreciated. He always showed an interest in helping others experience more out of life. He was always willing to share his gadgets and mastery.

He was a great person to work with and he will be sorely missed by Corel, and the people he helped.

Safe travels David,

T.

• I remember that morning in 1994 -- it was our second year hosting the conference, and we actually took some heat for David's revival moment. I remember a woman came up to me and said, "I resent being made to pray at a business conference."

"Did he *make* you do it?" I answered.

"Well, no, but he asked us to and I thought it was inappropriate."

"Did you learn anything in the seminar?"

"Yes, I learned quite a lot, but that's not the point."

"It is now officially my No. 1 quest to make it be the point."

She went on to become a six-time patron.

• Rest in Peace David, rest in peace.

• Only two days ago I was thinking about David - remembering the times that we met ... yet, having NO idea of this news. This comes as a shock to me.

Very sad to have lost him. Our lives are richer for ever having known him.

Will miss his bear hug.

Condolences to the Huss family.

Allan & Linda Shearer

Ireland

• David wrote the first book I'd ever bought about Corel products - for Photo-Paint 8. I enjoying his wacky humor along the way, but ultimately learned many useful & practical things that laid a strong foundation for what was to come in my own Corel-related endeavors.

One of the lines in the introduction to that book was: "If you're not having fun with Photo-Paint, you're probably doing something wrong."

I believe in that 100%. A good reminder to "play" in Photo-Paint and see what happens.

The Titan & Guru that David was should inspire all of us to reach high standards of productivity and effectiveness with our own lives. He'd certainly done that with his. David's accomplishments are both remarkable and irrefutable.

Jeff Harrison