Banayad Whiskey

This was done as a personal tribute to Dolphy, A legendary comedian and well-loved TV and movie actor from the Philippines, whose work entertained several generations. When news of his death came to be, he was treated like a national treasure and people from all walks of like (even the President) paid tribute to him.

One of his memorable scene was from an old movie called "Father and Son" where he played a dad trying to get a job for his son and his family. One of the jobs was for a spokesperson for a brand of whiskey called Banayad Whiskey ("Banayad" means "smooth" in the local vernacular) which, ironically, was too strong for consumption. This apparently ended with hilariously disastrous results after several attempts to look composed while drinking the strong liquor. (See the clip here)

After maintaining my composure after laughing so hard watching this clip, I was inspired to do my take on the package design for this "smooth" whiskey. I wanted to use his face to show exactly what it feels when you drink this product. The tag line, his honest opinion while intoxicated with the product, translates to "Only an idiot would drink this!!"

Image edited in Corel Photo-Paint. All elements done in CorelDraw X5

Anonymous
Parents
No Data
Comment Children
No Data
Related
Recommended