Object Manager BUG

I do like to quickly see just layers without objects. There is an option for that in 2018 and has been for many versions, called Current Page Layers Only. This doesn't exist in 2020 (probably 2019 as well but who can check, I certainly can't as its banished)

However if you hover over the layer dropdown arrows used to display or hide objects a tooltip pops up to say Ctrl-Click to collapse all. Great thats what I needed.

Doesn't work. Grrr.

Parents
  • Hywel, I suspect that the functionality you are missing was a casualty of the big redesign of the Object Manager.

I agree that it would makes sense to have a way to quickly see pages and layers, but not the objects on those pages (e.g., collapse every layer all the way down to just showing the layer name).

As a side note, in 2018 and earlier, simply carrying out a "Refresh" in a VBA macro produces that result  in the Object Manager. I don't necessarily want display of all layers to be collapsed, but there it is.

In comparison, in 2019 and 2020, the Objects docker does not appear to respond as it should to a Refresh carried out in that way. So, content created by a macro does not necessarily appear in the Objects docker immediately. Totally not good behavior!

• Hywel, I suspect that the functionality you are missing was a casualty of the big redesign of the Object Manager.

I wonder why they went to the trouble of coding the tooltip before they coded the action? Stupid. If they'd simply left out the tooltip no-one would have known, we'd have just been annoyed that a useful piece of functionality had disappeared.

Reply Children
No Data