CorelDRAW doesn't start after installation - Error 126

I just bought the 2021 full version, installed it on my new computer with Windows 11. I don't know if it made any difference that I installed first and removed my 2017 version afterwards. At least when trying to start it I got Error 126. Repar, reinstallation, de-installation, and re-installation only resulted in Error 126, even when trying to use my old 2017 version.

I am not a software expert, but always say, "when I have a pencil to draw with, I also want to have the pencil sharpener in my posession", so therefore I usually solve my own problems and this one made me a bit sad.

Then I discovered something rather odd: In connection with CorelDRAW, Error 126, is not that unusual. But tp my understanding, the problem is the firewall and not CorelDRAW. Some packed file is not being unpacked properly - not because what is in the packaged file is bad, but the firewall finds the format of the compression suspicious. 

There are several tutorials on YT about how to solve this problem. For a non-expert all the ones I found in English and German all seemed very complicated and did not provide an immediate go-to solution, as they comprised looking for a certain file in the firewall sandbox, release it from there, or even dumping dll files into some system folder manually.

BUT HERE IS THE REALLY HILARIOUS PART! 
Fortunately, I am not half-bad at foreign languages - I found a tutorial in Latin-American-Spanish that simply suggested to go to the Microsoft Website, download Visual Basic++, unpack, install, and everything worked!

Of course now I wonder: Why did I only find the simple, praciticable solution in Spanish?

At leas I am happy it was not in Swahili or Cantonese.