How does one get the "Variable Fonts" feature activated and working properly?t s

I have recently been viewing to a You Tube video entitled "The Power Behind CorelDraw Graphics Suite 2021, in an attempt to learn things about this program.

This video describes the use of a feature called "Variable Fonts".    

I cannot seem to get this feature to work, the Amenu option in the text toolbar appears yet not activated.

Tried at least 30 different fonts in the menu and none of them seems to activate this feature.

The thought occurred to me this feature might be something that will only work with some special group of fonts you have to buy as an add on feature?

Another thought is that this feature may only be available in the subscription version of Corel Draw Graphics Suite 2021, I have the one time purchase version?

If none of my thoughts mentioned above is not the reason for this feature not working is there something in settings that needs to be selected to get this activated?

Last but not least, is this simply a bug or problem with the software not working properly?