print merge question

Hello all.

We are doing small PU badges that gets pressed onto garments, but each of these badges needs a unique number. I've done it previously very successfully by setting up one, inserting the <product #> code and then performing print merge to a new document and then exporting this PDF, open this up in Roland VersaWorks, which will then open up the PDF and you can choose which pages to print, or all, etc to the width of my printing material.

Now they've decided to change material, and the badges will now be sublimated onto a sublimation paper, then pressed onto a silk material and then lasered afterwords. The new printing programme works out of CorelDraw, so I cannot have single badges on single pages anymore. There will be thousands of these so I need to be as efficient and cost effective as possible from the outset. I need to make a template and fill a whole sheet with blanks, and then print merge the sequential numbers into this sheet for the sublimation/laser guy to do his part of the job.  

In short... Is there a way of having multiple inputs on the same page following a sequence of numbers? Ie 130 badges fit onto the sheet, I do print merge, starting at # 1 and ending at # 130 for instance, then perform print merge to new document, then safe this file for the sublimation/laser guy to work from? There will be thousands of these so I need to be as efficient and cost effective as possible from the outset. 

I tried using Corel's print setup to do the imposition  layout and then tweaking it from that popup and printing the sheet to PDF from there, but it loses quality! It's hideous. Is there another print profile I could load to print to that doesn't lose quality like the default windows pdf print option?