Black background

Hello all, I am new to designer and well corel in general.  I am used to drawing in autocad and I grew accustomed to drawing with a black background. Is there a way in corel to make the background black so that when the drawing is exported it converts back to white with black lines? Thanks in advance.

Chris

Parents
No Data
  • Hi Chris,

welcome to the CorelDRAW community!

Please take a look at this discussion on the subject of black/ dark background in Corel DESIGNER: http://community.coreldraw.com/forums/t/38883.aspx

You can add a background color to your document (it will use the page border and you still have white space around the page) or you can create a rectangle at your intended max screen size (larger than the page) and place that on a master layer (so that it appears on all pages) that is set to the back (use the Object Manager docker for creating and moving the layer) and also set to not printable (press the printer icon next to the layer name in the Object Manager). That way all objects on that layer stay visible on screen but won't be included when you print or export your drawing.

Inverting line colors (making white lines black etc.) for printout is not a functionality included with Corel DESIGNER.

Corel DESIGNER works with pages, similar to the layout sheets in a CAD application. There is no concept of a model space as you find it in CAD applications so you're operating in WYSIWYG mode all the time, with colors appearing on screen as the appear in your published files.

Best regards,
    Klaus. 

Children
No Data