Designer 7 and Windows Vista

I'm aware that there's a decade between Designer 7 and Windows Vista, but I still have hundreds of drawings made using Designer 7.  Most of them open nicely in Corel Designer X4, but sometimes I need to go back to Designer 7 and tweak around a bit to ensure that the Import to X4 goes smoothly. 

Still stubbornly working with Windows XP where both Designer 7and X4 work fine, but what happens when I'm forced to upgrade to Vista? Anyone with experiences in any version of Vista?

Regards,

Rainer Frilund
Design Engineer,
Technical Documentation
Product Development
Beamex Oy Ab
Ristisuonraitti 10
FIN-68600 Pietarsaari
FINLAND
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Tel: +358 50 384 2224 (direct)
Tel: +358 10 550 5000 (Beamex)
Fax: +358 10 550 5404
Internet: http://www.beamex.com

• I too am a hard-core Micrografx Designer user.  I have Designer loaded on a Dell desktop with Vista and it works beautifully.  I just bought a Dell Laptop with Vista and it refuses to load the application at all.  It seems there are two flavors of Windows Vista: 32 bit and 64 bit.  They don't really tell you that there are huge compatibility issues between the two.  Designer 7 works fine with the 32 bit, but does not work at all with the 64 bit operationg system.  

I went back to the store and looked around the laptops for sale. You would be hard pressed to find any labelling marking the difference between the 32 and 64 bit version.  I couldn't find anything on the stand-alone Vista packaging either.   The store said some laptops and desktops still have the 32 bit version of Vista, but anything with more than 3 GB of ram will have the 64 bit version.  And the 64 bit version will flat-out not run old 16 bit software.

I don't suppose Corel would be so nice as to develop a patch for us hard core Micrografx Designer users. 

Looks like we'll have no choice but to convert soon. I know we're supposed to all switch to Corel Designer X4 but there is a significant cost delta, and I don't need near the capability of the full Designer X4 suite.   Most of my stuff is 2D.  Does anyone know if you can import well into Corel Draw?