do not waste your money on Corel Website Creator

Learn from my mistake, Corel Website Creator is one of the worst website authoring programs on the market.  It is a rebranded form of Net Fusions.  While Net Fusions might be a functioning software program, Web Site Creator is not.  It is so bad, the not even Corel knows how to operate.  Note there is no tech support avaliable.  There are no forums on how to use it, it seems as if it just doesn't exist, yet they'll sale it to with Corel Draw X5 Ultimate or as a standalone for $199.99

What they won't do is provide tech support, again, they don't know how to use it.  The 1100+ page manual is only a pdf file, THAT CAN NOT BE SEARCHED.  The help files are written by Microsoft and are therefore useless.  When I complaint about the difficulty it was advised to buy the Net Fusions 11 book to learn how to operate it.  Been there have the book and it just doesn't work.  Maybe Corel made enough changes to make it useless.  When I delete this god awful software, the book goes into the recycle bin.

I have now wasted 16 hours over the weekend on trying to set up a site.  I though I had my index page all ready to go only to find out the everything on my index page is on every page I have in my outline.  They do not have masterpages as real website authoring software does, it's master borders, what ever the hell those are. 

So search the forums, you'll only find this one, and there isn't much on it, because the program is not worth it.  But something else,  Web-Pagemaker a $50.00 program that hasn't had an update for over a year is better then Corel Website Creator, save yourselve some money, time and hairloss, buy that and not corel.

Parents
  • Yes Web Site Creator was originally packaged with Corel Draw, it is now a stand alone product that  you can purchase.

As far as my car running out of gas and me blaming the car, get real, I'm smart enough to know when to put gas into the tank.  Unless of course the gas gage is combined with the temp gage, and I then have a series of steps to perform to read the fuel level, for which I have to go to a competators website, to learn how to do those steps, only to find vauge instructions that need to be tweeked for my vehicle.

I stated my opinion based on MY experiance.  The personal attack was not warrented and is not appreciated.  But even you can't seem to realize that you have refered me to Net Fusions website for information on how to use a "corel" product.  When it all honesty, corel should have addressed this issue and Net Fusions should not have made it so difficult or maybe addressed this issue in thier manuals.  AS you have been using this software, you understand it.  Good for you.  I have just started using it, it's difficult, there is NO support from Corel and the manual they provide is wasting space on my hard drive.  I'd like to know how long it took you to get proficent in using the Net Fusions software?  Or were you just blessed with the natural talent to open the program and built a 10 pages site in 10 minutes??????

Reply Children