X6 Color Settings For CMYK Printing?

Does anyone know the ideal color settings for exporting .jpg and .eps files for CMYK printing? The default X6 settings result in rather washed out looking exports (both on the screen and on the prints). Black looks very dark grey etc.

Never had this issue with X3 but I understand that X6 uses a totally different color engine so I figure I just need to know the correct settings.

Thanks for any help!

Parents
No Data
  • howiegoo said:
    Does anyone know the ideal color settings for exporting .jpg and .eps files for CMYK printing?

The first ideal settings is: NEVER use EPS nor JPG for CMYK printing.  The best settings are native CDR or PDF X/3

howiegoo said:
    The default X6 settings result in rather washed out looking exports (both on the screen and on the prints). Black looks very dark grey etc. Never had this issue with X3 but I understand that X6 uses a totally different color engine so I figure I just need to know the correct settings.

Really, not, both versions can have very similar, X6 is far superior since include all the X3 features and a lot more. 

The key for CMYK offset printing is the paper. You must use some color profiles, each one according the kind of paper. ie for Coated paper, you can use Fogra39 or ISO Coated v.2, for cardboard, ISO Coated v2 300%, for common paper Fogra27 or ISO Uncoated Yellowish... Unfortunately, is not possible to have only one universal color profile, it was also impossible on other programs or older versions. 

Children
No Data