Does CorelDraw ever embarrass you in front of a customer?

HI.

Was working with a customer today. I was designing something on the screen while he watched. I figured I could use the contour tool on some text and Draw started it's usual delay...

Anyways about 30 seconds later I was beginning to wonder and started feeling a little embarrassed. I first told him this just takes a minute. A little more time went by and I felt the need to distract him or spark up a little conversation while we wait for the effect.

Anyways it finally finished, but then we had to adjust to size of the contour, so the story begins all over again.

Anyways to finally get the job done I fired up Flexi, quickly made the needed contour, exported back to Draw.

It was a little embarrassing and a let down for me to make excuses for the CorelDraw to my customer. As anyone who uses the contour tool a lot, well let's hope it gets a much needed overhaul in X7.

This is my official gripe with the contour tool, and my experience of not only how it made me feel today in front of my customer, but many times in the past.

~John

Parents Reply Children
No Data