Can you write a small turorial?

CorelDRAW is a great vector graphic app, but there ain't that much free stuff on the web to help people master it.

I've got a small budget to sponsor free tuturials on advanced CorelDRAW techniques, so if you think you can write one we will pay you, but the tuturial will be free for all after that.

There are a few guys selling tuturial out here. Good on you. Not trying to undercut you or something. It's just that some of this knowledge should be free. I definitely won't allow anyone to rip off your work.

Basically, what I'm asking is look at your portfolio. Find a few cool designs that you spent a bit of time mastering and tell us how you did it. We'll help you with making it concise and interesting (subediting). The article will have your name and a link to your portfolio and we pay you a prior agreed sum upon completion, but I wouldn't expect the money to be your main motivation.

Parents
  • vobla73 said:
    It's just that some of this knowledge should be free

Why should knowledge be free? Where is that guaranteed? Is that even feasible?

If knowledge 'should be free', governments wouldn't tax to provide schools. Teachers, whose commodity is knowledge, would have no means with which to provide sustenance for themselves. We are glad to help when people get stuck and share but to ask us to 'give it away' ultimately costs us our livelihood. I would argue that food should be free as it is even more vital to our day-to-day survival than CorelDraw knowledge. I don't know anyone giving food away. There is no such thing as a free lunch.

The evolving culture of the Internet and the "you-tube" ilk  has created a climate where well-meaning yet misguided individuals give knowledge away for the glory, the traffic, and the hit counter, feeding narcissism and co-opting theft.  As a result of this, what has happened is there is a lot of mediocre material in response. If you are satisfied with a broadening of knowledge while reducing its depth, you will end up with a society of underperformers to the potential inherent. True professionals, who provide quality in-depth knowledge transfer, are able to do it because they have invested the time and the expensive training to become experts on the subject. There is a personal cost in gaining the knowledge. There must be a return to offset this cost or we must turn elsewhere.

The notion that things 'should be free' is a trap. It is made by those who seek to acquire without effort and cost. While I applaud your efforts to expand the knowledge base of CorelDraw, I cannot condone the notion that 'some of this knowledge should be free' Change the word should to could and I might readily agree.

End Rant.

Reply Children
No Data