Change setting using macro - Keep Desktop Objects on Layer

Has anyone figured out a way to have a macro read and change the setting for "Keep Desktop Objects on Layer" which is found on the Objects docker, "Gear"/settings menu? I would love to be able to check and change this using VBA.

Parents
  • If I understand correctly, "Keep Desktop Objects on Layer" is an application preference. As an example, I see in the Windows Registry a key named KeepDesktopObjectsOnLayer under Computer\HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Corel\CorelDRAW\23.0\Draw\Application Preferences\VGDoc Pref Settings.

As an aside: I really, really wish that they had made that a document property instead of an application preference.

I think that there is something in the API for checking and changing application preferences. See Application.GetApplicationPreferenceValue method and Application.SetApplicationPreferenceValue method.

I have messed aroud a little bit trying to use those methods for other settings, but never achieved success. If you learn more about using those methods, then please share, as I would love to learn more about them.

Reply Children