PP Seems To Have Been Left Behind.

Compared to Photoshop's latest added features for CS6, it really looks like PP is an after thought.  The new features in CD look great but PP leaves me scratching my head.  I won't be upgrading to X6.  I love using PP but it really looks like Ps is running ahead into the distance.

To the Product Manager of PP,

What exactly is your strategy?  Rather than PP being a competitor to Ps, it really looks like it's just meant to be a complimentary add-on to CD.  I really expected a host of other imrpovements than just the editing of object groups.  Does anyone in product development actually look at the market, customers and competitors?  I love the potential PP has but I'm afraid I'll be buying Ps this year and upgrading CD a lot later.  

I've been buying Photoshop magazines and practising their tutorials in PP, replicating most of them to one degree or another.  But in doing so though, there's quite a number of features PP lacks against Ps.  I now understand why Adobe charges the prices they do because they know they have no real serious competition.  Foster has a cornered market with his PP Unleashed DVDs.  Gary Bouton covers some key areas in his Official Guide, but aside from that, there's simply nothing else out there; and I mean "nothing" out there to get you creating in PP.  That's because Ps has so many more features to offer.  My comments might sound hard but they're the truth. 

Maybe PP should be realeased as a stand alone program like Paint Shop Pro with it's own dedicated engineers with a more liberal mandate from product management to really express their coding skills and imagination.              

Maybe someone from withiin Corel can enlighten me.  If the product manager reads this, then lets open a discussion, get some market feedback happening.  Maybe I'm missing somehting. 

I know I've learn't so much from Ps and I don't even own it.  The publishers of Practical Photoshop, Photoshop Creative and Better Photoshop Techniques do a magnificent job of educating and inspiring me with my image editing in PP (to a feature limited dregree). 

PP, you seem so close, yet so far away.

Cheers, Steve.