sizing

Having issue with selected sizing not translating well into Laserworks.  In CorelDraw, I make an object that should measure 54 inches.  Importing it into LaserWorks, it seems that I'm gaining a few extra inches.  Does anyone have ANY clue??  I am set to inches in both applications.  Don't know what's going on.

• If you are exporting the image, there is an option on the export dialog to export selected. If that option is checked it will just export whatever object/objects currently selected. If those objects are not the same size as the document, then it will be a different size.

Un-checking that option and it will export the whole document at whatever the document size is set.

Further, exporting as eps has another dialog on export. On it's advanced tab are options to set the bounding box to either Object or Page, which can change your dimensions.

I think that in some cases if your artwork is located "off" the page it could effect export.  That is you have moved it outside the page dimensions on your canvas before exporting.

• Hello Flaglady; The way I send files to the cutting software is to give the Work a Hairline thickness once I've drew the file then I duplicate the drawing and convert it to curves check the sizing and export to a vector the cutting software can use. And for cutting vinyl I just send the outlines so the fill color won't have anything to get in the way of what I want to cut. CorelDRAW has done a Very good job of maintaining the vector size for over 20 years for me.

George