· _PluginSDK – is a C++ Plugin SDK source files that make creation of custom plugins for CorelDRAW/Corel DESIGENER easier. The latest source code for the SDK can be downloaded from: http://www.oberonplace.com/cgs-plugin-sdk/
· External Dependencies – dependent files outside of this project (for example, Windows Platform SDK files, etc). These files are automatically added to this folder by Visual Studio and are of no interest for the purpose of this article.
· Header Files – C++ header files for the solution.
· Source Files – C++ source files for the solution.
· UI – The workspace XML files and other plugin files needed for CorelDRAW/Corel DESIGNER to load the plugin DLL.
1. Create a new folder for RulerTool plugin under CDGS’s Addons folder. For example, CorelDRAW X7 version is installed in the following locations by default:
· 64 bit - C:\Program Files\Corel\CorelDRAW Graphics Suite X7\Programs64\Addons
· 32 bit - C:\Program Files (x86)\Corel\CorelDRAW Graphics Suite X7\Programs\Addons
2. Copy the RulerTool.cpg plugin binary to Addons\RulerTool folder. When compiling the release version of RulerTool plugin, the resulting .cpg file will be placed in one of the following folders by Visual Studio:
· 32 bit: …\RulerTool\Release\RulerTool.cpg
· 64 bit: …\RulerTool\x64\Release\RulerTool.cpg
3. Copy the contents of …\RulerTool\UI folder from the sources of the Ruler Tool plugin to Addons\RulerTool inside CorelDRAW X7/Corel DESIGNER X7 installation. The contents of Addons\RulerTool should be similar to the following:
4. Start CorelDRAW/Corel DESIGNER.
Download source: RulerTool.zip