Baseline Grid in CorelDRAW® X6: - A small enhancement with a big impact on layouts

Now in CorelDRAW® Graphics Suite X6, you can align text within a frame or in different frames by using the baseline grid. This is useful, for example, when you want to align two or more text frames that contain different fonts, font sizes, and spacing.
To display the baseline grid: Click View > Grid > Baseline Grid.
To align paragraph text to the baseline grid:
1- Select a text frame or multiple text frames.
2- Click Text > Align to Baseline Grid.
In figure 1, the text is not aligned to the baseline grid, which is indicated by the red-dotted line.

figure 1

In figure 2, the text is aligned to baseline grid.

figure 2

• Dear, I am using Coral Draw x6,... I am designing a Newsletter, but this feature i try, its best for aligning...   but after few days automatically disable this feature from page, this option is not highlighting..... I tried a way, I copy that paragraph & past to another new document, but "align to baseline grid" highlight but not apply, when I copy the text matter that paragraph & past to new paragraph then this feature applied on that..... my all project aligned document is mess, kindly help me out hurry.... :)        

• @ Kursad : Thank you

@ Silvio : Thanks. I just read your post about the 250 pages book you plan to create with X6. This feature will give a nice look to your layouts in the new book. All the best to your new job with all those new layout features added to X6. I wish I had all these new features while I did my two huge books of over 1200 pages with X3.

• Anand,

This is a resource that has great value, since I do various jobs involving figures placed in Wrap mode. Thanks for reminding us about this cool feature.