Variable fonts

It appears to me that to promote this variable font feature Corel is going to have to up their training game. I took a look at it I see a use for web but the fonts are outrageously priced and outside of web work not sure they have any use.  Maybe digital print.

Parents
No Data
  • The very least thing Corel could have done was license at least a couple or so variable font designs to include with CorelDRAW 2020.

Illustrator CC has supported Variable Fonts for the last couple versions. It includes a variable version of Acumin (Acumin Variable Concept) which duplicates the functions of the 90 font Acumin super family. Source Sans Variable, Minion Variable Concept and Myriad Variable Concept are also included. These fonts are not installed directly in the OS, but appear in Creative Cloud apps like InDesign, Photoshop, etc. Bahnschrift is included in Windows 10.

The bigger criticism I have is the overall performance of the variable font axis sliders in CorelDRAW 2020. One needs a fairly new PC with a very good CPU and a lot of RAM to expect anything resembling smooth performance on the live previews as the axis sliders are moved. The performance of these functions in Adobe Illustrator doesn't have anywhere near as high of a performance demand from the system. So the previews work far more smoothly.

Children
No Data