Has Corel's pricing skyrocketed?

I just received an email that informed me that my CorelDraw Suite monthly subscription has almost TRIPLED!

I thought this must surely be in error and went to Coreldraw.com to see the latest pricing... has Corel gone bonkers? Are they actually TRYING to drive people towards Adobe products?

Both the once-off and subscription prices have escalated enormously. I don't think I'll be able to justify using Corel over Adobe to the boss anymore, especially after the v2019 fiasco where we literally found the software useless and a danger to productivity due to all the bugs...

Shouldn't Corel Corp be mending fences instead of burning bridges?

Parents Reply Children
  • That offer only applies to new users who spend $499 for a full version and then add $149 per year on top of that. It doesn’t apply to users of older perpetual license copies of CorelDRAW. They’re stuck with the $249 subscription option or just keep using the software they have. In January the $99 per year offer (in addition to spending $199 for the CDR 2019 upgrade) was sunsetted along with traditional perpetual license upgrades. The $499 full version offer has been a non-upgrade-able version for some time. The $149 upgrade protection offer appears to be a new thing.

I don't think I ever made any claim that anything applied in some special way to users of older perpetual license copies of CorelDRAW.

Corel could make special offers to those users - and they did, for a while, with their "Upgrades are Ending!" campaign. Whether Corel make special offers available to such users in the future is up to them.

Upgrade Protection has been offered by CorelDRAW for a while, and has been one of the answers to the question, "How to always have a perpetual license to the current version of CorelDRAW?" It was of course a better deal at $99/year than it is at $149/year!

I understand all of the other baggage that goes along with Upgrade Protection, and I understand how distasteful the idea is to some users.