Has Corel's pricing skyrocketed?

I just received an email that informed me that my CorelDraw Suite monthly subscription has almost TRIPLED!

I thought this must surely be in error and went to Coreldraw.com to see the latest pricing... has Corel gone bonkers? Are they actually TRYING to drive people towards Adobe products?

Both the once-off and subscription prices have escalated enormously. I don't think I'll be able to justify using Corel over Adobe to the boss anymore, especially after the v2019 fiasco where we literally found the software useless and a danger to productivity due to all the bugs...

Shouldn't Corel Corp be mending fences instead of burning bridges?

Parents
No Data
  • Well this just sucks of stupidity! Whose ego set these prices?

$69 au a month

Adobe EVERYTHING $76.99 au a month

And you can get parts of the suite for less, just $14 for Photoshop and Lightroom + 20Gb cloud storage.

Compared to other software... DaVinci Resolve is only $595 for the full license. And that program gets massive developer attention. And the free version is enough to crap on any Corel or Abobe video product.

It would be fair to say that CGS is worth $35 (at the most) if the pricing was to equal market expectation.

Corel would have to be THE market leader to get $69 and it so isn't. You wouldn't find "Corel Draw" listed as a important app on any job advert in Australia, where as they are all demanding competence in Adobe Suite. Corel can't price a product based on cash need when it is failing in market share and come up with profit.

Over charging and releasing software with issues doesn't grow a user base.

Children