OLE bitmap file to CD2020 does not work

Hi,

I want to link a jpg-file created with Adobe Photoshop Elements 2020 to CD 2020. After opened this file in PSE I marked the whole picture and copied it. In CD I opened the file where to link it and opened “content paste” (Inhalte einfügen). In the next window “Adobe Photoshop Quelle” is shown as a possible source. At the left side of this window “paste” is activated, “link to” cannot be activated because it’s greyed.

The same happens with all different bitmap files (i.e. psd, bmp) and another bitmap program (MS paint).

In “options – global” all bitmaps are shown as active filters.

OLE to Office files (i.e. word or excel) work without any problem

I am using Win10 Pro 64bit Vers 1909 and CD 2020

Can somebody please help me. I hope you understand my poor english

Regards

hanseat

Parents
No Data
  • This is not something I normally do but here's what happens:

If I copy an image from Photoshop CS5, I can use Paste Special in Draw 2020 and choose to paste as an Adobe Photoshop Image.
    I can then double click the OLE bitmap in Draw to open it in Photoshop for editing.
    If I paste special and check the "Show as icon" (Als Symbol anzeigen) option, it is pasted as a small icon that can be double clicked and edited the same way.

But if I want to link the image, I think the proper way to do it is to save from Photoshop and then import into Draw using "Import as externally linked image" from the Import button menu.
    This will show the image as an "Externally Linked Bitmap", but it doesn't seem to be possible to update the link if the original image is edited.
    Strange.

Children

• If I copy an image from Photoshop CS5, I can use Paste Special in Draw 2020 and choose to paste as an Adobe Photoshop Image.
    I can then double click the OLE bitmap in Draw to open it in Photoshop for editing.

that's exact the same I did in the past and it worked. Perhaps my description seems to be a little confused because of my english. I guess what you call "Paste Special" is called "Verknüpfen" in german. With this function I put the bitmap as an OLE object into Draw. I can't akctivate it because it's greyed as we call it in german.

Since update to 22.1.0.517 this doesn't work any longer