How important is the graphics card for CDR Performance?

I would like to get some advice for the decision for a new PD:

How important is it to have a Geforce or Radeon graphics card? Or is an integrated card like Intel® UHD Grafik P630 in conjuction, with an i9 processor, also sufficient to have a good performance with CDR?

Regards

Rüdiger

Parents
No Data
  • I've been keeping track of CorelDRAW performance and system configurations for decades. I regularly run 1.5GB files in memory. Configuration is a big deal if you do heavy lifting with your system. 

I run an ASUS Main board, an i9 9900, a Samsung 1TB SSD, 64 GB of RAM, a 6GB NVidia graphics card (a true NVidia) as the core configuration. 

Any AMD processor or Raedon video card is risky with CorelDRAW as is a Xeon processor.  AMD for some reason in many systems has display refresh and complex file handling issues. Those who have been regularly successful with AMD systems are high level technicians and in every successful case it takes them quite some time, weeks to months. In some cases they use one driver for one software and another on a daily basis.

I have come to suspect that Xeon systems that have issues are lacking capability in the mainboard BUSS. However I have never seen one used as a graphic work station that I could examine close enough to find out, most of them are 3D rendering stations or servers although the i9 is displacing them in 3D.

The graphics card performance with CorelDRAW is significant part of the configuration.  I only have 1 unit with an Intel on board graphics card and it's an i5 laptop. In my opinion with my work load any laptop is a non starter, performance for the cost fall significantly behind a desktop as does color image editing. The Intel UHD P630 performance is mediocre at best.

Make sure if you choose NVidia that it's a true NVidia card and not an NVidia chipset card. I would avoid top of the line gaming cards, if you use a laptop make sure you can disable the onboard graphics card in the bios otherwise many time Draw resorts to the onboard card. .

Children