Boundary tools inside a circle

Hi! To use the Boundary tools, to make objects connected outside a circle works fine. But when I want to make objects inside a circle, it does not work. No matter what i try, it does not work

Has anybody a solution to this, or is it simply not possible?

Regards ;-)

Parents Reply
  • And yes, I "hear" what Eskimo, and you write, but I cannot fully "see", why it should'n be possible, to do the same, to create the object inside the circle, folow the lines, just as outside.

I mentioned the Smart Fill tool in another reply. That can be used to create a shape that follows lines to create an "inner boundary".

As I wrote in reply to Chris, I use it for Gear watches (and related to that), and I make hundreds of objects in different shapes, so It's sometime time consuming.

If you are drawing an ellipse, then drawing multiple shapes to "cut teeth out of the ellipse" to create the shape of a gear, then you might want to Combine the "cutters" into one Curve shape so that you only need to perform a single Trim operation.

It's also possible to use multiple shapes as "cutters" in a single Trim operation without combining them. You can see an example of that in this video - CorelDRAW Macro - Match Vectors - Positioning Shapes in Preparation for a Shaping Operation - where I do it using the Shaping docker.

Children