Most basic question on Interactive Fill Tool.

I am pretty new to CorelDraw. I do not use it much. I have a series of squares and want to color each one a different color. I am unable to fill at all any color. I created 2 tables and over lapped them and deleted some lines. I can say use the square tool and fill with a color but I cannot do this with the table I created.

Question: What can I do to fix this?  
I only created a table to create the squares. There must be a better way to do the layout    : )

Image of file

Link to cdr file

Parents
  • Not sure exactly what you've done but using tables doesn't feel like the best way to create a "series of squares".
    I think that even if you convert the Table to curves, you will end up with a bunch of straight lines and not real squares (Rectangles).
    An object must be closed if you want to add a fill, meaning that all nodes and segments must be properly connected.

You can use the Smart fill tool to fill an enclosed area, even if the surrounding segments aren't connected, but the Smart fill tool will then create a new closed object that looks like the enclosed area, and maybe you need to delete the original objects (lines) afterwards.

To create a grid of squares: Create one square with the Rectangle tool, duplicate it and move it to the correct position. Repeat.

Reply Children