PDF export converts an object with closed curve to an open curve (path)

Hello,

I just saw that some objects I have in some documents are exported into a PDF in a different way I expected. I attach a simple circle.

As a PDF opening it in Adobe Illustrator, it is shown as "open path".

As an AI opening it there it is shown as "closed path".

Is there any hint in this objects that shows it could be understood as open path by illustrator in a PDF?

(I send some files often as AI or PDF to other creators or customers using Illustrator, so it's not about that I should not use or open it in Illustrator...)

testcircle.zip

Parents
No Data
  • What  PDF setting are you using to publish your PDF in Draw?

I'll download your file and take a look, however you seem to have an easy solution simply send your Illustrator clients AI files.

I have never had a closed path in Draw publish to a print based setting PDF in Draw show up as an open path in ANY RIP.

If I remember this correctly waaay back when CorelDRAW was introducing PDF it was intended as an export filter for output not for editing in graphic applications. The same approach was taken earlier with the EPS filter.  In my experiance Corel has never wavered from that approach from either filter.

A little information on PDF export only, X3 does not support transparency in spot color, X4 does, complex fills and live transparency was not supported until 2019.

Illustrator does not support opening PDF ffiles from CorelDRAW that support any high end complex fills and transparency. 

Children