Vinyl Cutter

I have X8 and would like to cut using this program with my off brand vinyl cutter is there a driver I should be using?

• Most of the time you need separate cutting software like one of the Flexi series, SignCutPro, VinylMaster, SureCutsAlotPro, DragonMaster or others  A very old software called SignBlazer is till around.  You might can search for it and find a working version..  Larger brands like Roland have their own in house cutting software they recommend.  Often, though not always, the cutter comes with this software, though recently cutter manufacturers are moving to a subscription basis for the cutting software and only give you a limited time with a new purchase.

Rarely and going out of style, (as it is a kludge of sorts,) the cutter comes with a disc containing a pseudo print driver that works as the cutting software.  You print to the fake printer and the cutter cuts.  This is a rarer setup in recent times.  I haven't seen a cutter produced in about ten years or so that provide these print drivers.  As I don't buy a cutter very often I could just be out of touch and some are still out there.  Currently,they tend to provide or suggest specific dedicated cutting software.  The ones that had print driver's were not very versatile. 

If you wan't something that integrates into CorelDraw, ECut is the only one that comes directly to mind.  http://eng.e-cut.ru.

I currently use SignCutPro, but am considering Moving to Vinyl Master or Ecut.  CorelDraw has no intergrated means of driving a cutter by itself.  You need cutting software or some kind of plug in that acts as cutting software, (like ECut,) or a print driver that acts like cutting software.  Corel is just the vector design end.  Some cutting software can double as design software, but some just cut.

Some solutions might not work, (like plugins,) unless you have the full version of Draw and not Home and Student.

• Hello,

We have ecut at macromonster.com, along with many other items (about half are free). If you buy from us, you'll get a bonus macro and other helpful support.

If you'd like for me to try a test for you, I can. Just reach me through the site there. Here's some cutters that are supported at the moment:

• Hey guys, we are looking to jump into a new cutter. Accuracy is key, we make lots of contour-cut stickers with tiny details cut out. I am looking into the big ones such as Graphtec Sussex Lasers, summa, etc. There are a lot of cheaper options such as a titan from US Cutter. I like the summa with the rotating cutting head. Let me know if you have any bad/good experiences!