Corel Draw and keeping up with operating systems.

I've been using Corel Draw X5 and now realize after buying a new PC it is not compatible with Windows 8.1.  Corel says Win 8.1 didn't exist when they were designing X5.  Fair enough.  So, I'm thinking of upgrading to Corel Draw X7.  However, I've heard that Windows 10 is on the horizon.  If I upgrade to Win 10, will I then expect the current  version of Corel Draw to not be compatible?

Parents
No Data
  • I'd wait. I made the mistake of updating to X7 for the same reasons and it's been a nightmare. I really only had issues with PhotoPaint X5 with effects blowing up in Windows 8.1 but Draw X5 seemed to work OK.

X7 will only frustrate you with how buggy it is. If you're counting on bugs from X5 being fixed in X7 think again. Most still exist.

Some other new bugs/annoyances:

• The fill dialog is MUCH slower and clunky. I.e. it has to make a connection to the internet every time you access it on a new drawing or the fisrt time in a newly opened file. Also, the color picker box can completely overlap the gradient fill dialog.
    • Some fonts can cause issues in X7 that worked fine in X5. I.e. I have some X5 files that I cannot save in X7.
    • Saving takes much longer and the Save Icon is misleading in X7 as it turns gray before the file is actually saved.
    • File sizes can balloon for no apparent reason.
    • It crashes far more often then X5.
    • The standard tool configuration is odd in that the pen tool is missing from the standard toolbar (You can add it back but why should you have to?)  
    • Other tools are missing as well. I.e. the flip options are missing from the mesh object tool bar.
    • I have also noticed that the mouse focus is off as sometimes in that I have to click 3 or more times on a color in the palette before the color is selected/applied.
    • The powerclip tool is annoying in that powerclip objects try to suck in any object you drag over them.
    • In the mesh tool, even the all colors in the mesh are RGB and the default document palette is RGB the color picker will often try to use CYMK.  

If you're lucky, *maybe* they'll have fixed some of the problems with X7 by the time Windows 10 ships. 

Children
No Data