Color management/ output problems

I design various things in CorelX8 Using Solid coated colors to hopfully achieve them on a wide format decal printing machine with its own rip. My issue is from the Corel side I cannot export my designs as Jpegs or PDF's and the colors remain vibrant and true. So during the approval process by email my customers never get that nice crisp clean color we want. I want to design and print in full gloss, but my proofs or examples seem to come across as matte finish.  I know very little about color management so please educate me and talk me through how i need to make it all happen.

Parents
No Data
  • Hi StickerBoy

Color management in X8 and since X5, is great. Equally often it's us the user's on both creator and client's who do wrong, or don't understand what is done wrong.

The first thing to understand: regardless of what YOU see on your screen and on printed material, your CLIENT have their own computer screen. And their computer screen can be a good or less good or even crap ;-) monitor. And that alone creates an issue. You and the client has different screens.

For example, if if I place my laptops next to my external desktop monitor/screen Dell Ultrasharp U2515H, really great screen for its price, and have the same image with grey colours. It will feel blue or blue-ish on the laptop screen, and grey on the Dell screen.

That itself show how impossible it is to see the same result on your screen and your clients.

Another issue is which colour mode/space you created your images in, and which color mode/space you set for your jpeg and PMS (solid coated)

Children
No Data