Fonts don't install

I was trying to use Corel Connect to install fonts and have found it's definitely hit or miss. Some fonts you right click on and they install just fine, others, like one I really want, acts like it installs (it downloads) but they never show up in the font list. These are not the 'premium' fonts, just the normal standard ones.

An example, I wanted the Helvetica set, I go to the font, right click, say install font family, it launches a little download box and done. But I never get a green check on the font, and the font is not on my system. Some other fonts, same thing except you get the checkmark and the font installed.

Again, these are all labeled as 'standard membership' fonts, they just don't work. Tried from inside CD and with the standalone app. Same problem. Yes, I'm signed in. Anyone know how this works or what might be blocking this? I'm sure it has to do with activation or membership--that seems to be the root of all problems.

Am not liking CD x6 very much. Lots of issues, hate this membership thing, flaky, weird performance problems, updates fail.