Corel Font Creator

Hello there,

I'm trying to gauge the interest in a font creation application that would make it easy to create your own fonts.

It would not be a traditional looking font creator tool. I imagine a new application in the suite that would make font creation an easy and fun thing to do. 

• Traditionally, creating fonts is a complicated task that only an handful of users master but what if it was easy?
  • Would you create your own fonts?
  • Would you create symbol fonts?
  • Would you create foreing / complex script fonts? What language?
  • Would you want to share / sell your fonts?
  • Would you use and possibly buy fonts that other users would have created?

Parents Reply
  • Jeff Harrison said:
    Here's anotherone that looks pretty good. But, I think Claude's idea is to simply export direct from CorelDRAW. Since Draw already has TTF export ability, we may be closer than we think to making fonts easier to create, without using another curve editor.

Yep, FF is capable. Horrible to use, though. And easy to create bad fonts with.

I have created fonts with CD in the distant past. Not a very good process, but it does work at an elemental level. An improvement to how it works would be good for simple fonts. I would be amazed if CD could ever do what is described in Claude's list of possibilities, though--as regarding the foreign scripts anyway. Especially RTL or any Eastern language (think of Thai, Japanese, etc). 

But I do not think from Claude's opening post that it will be a from inside CD type of thing. And I would absolutely be against its inclusion inside of CD. For the few it would benefit, it would be a level of complexity that would further degrade CD's codebase in terms of performance, load on the system...etc.

Mike

Children
No Data