How do I add transparency to multiple vector shapes and have the result stay vector?

Hello my favorite helpers!

I'm afraid to even say how much time I have spent on this! Hours and hours. Even with looking in this forum I come up with the wrong end result.

This is what I have... (this is a jpg, but my file is a vector of the light blue and dark blue rays)

I need the end result to be this... but it NEEDS to stay a vector shape because I need to be able to re-scale it to different sizes.

I can't figure out how to make the transparency stay as a CMYK vector and still get the same shape I need in the end. This end result will be on a dark colored background.

I would so appreciate your help with this!

bluerays.cdr

Parents
No Data
  • Take a look at the file. I simplified it in that I removed the two white lenses and those would need to be added back. I did it in two ways. In the bottom one, each ray is a separate piece and has the linear gradient fill added to each ray and at the end is transparent.

The top one has two curves, one for both blue hues and uses an elliptical gradient fill where the end becomes transparent. It is the easiest/quickest method.

Both hit a PDF as vector. But the bottom one has more flexibility if one needs it--at the expense of being more fiddly to get right.

bluerays2.cdr

Children