Feature Request: Custom Workspace Reset

In using CorelDraw I find a feature to reset my custom workspace quite handy as I will often modify my current (custom) workspace to accommodate the job at hand.

If I close / re-open CorelDraw, the last (modified) version of my workspace is displayed - that's ok.

But there appears to be no way to reset my revised custom workspace to it's original custom layout.
If I select/load another (eg., Default) workspace, then re-select/load my custom workspace from the available options, my original custom workspace is not displayed -- only a "mangled" version of my custom workspace is displayed. So after this, I must reset the layout to match my original custom workspace.
Here is where a Reset Custom Workspace feature would be greatly appreciated.

If I have missed something here I would gladly like to hear how to address this situation.

I am currently using CorelDraw X8 64 bit, v18.1.0.661.

FYI, Illustrator, Photoshop and InDesign all have this simple feature: Window > Workspace > Reset "custom workspace name"

Thanks,

K

• if you hold F8 while the program starts, that reset your workspace
  • Ken you should be able to create then name and save your workspace then recall it later.
  • Once I've made a custom workspace and am happy with it I always export it, then in case of any disasters and I have to do an F8 start, I can always re-import the saved workspace.
  • KenPhelps said:

In using CorelDraw I find a feature to reset my custom workspace quite handy as I will often modify my current (custom) workspace to accommodate the job at hand.

If I close / re-open CorelDraw, the last (modified) version of my workspace is displayed - that's ok.

But there appears to be no way to reset my revised custom workspace to it's original custom layout.
    If I select/load another (eg., Default) workspace, then re-select/load my custom workspace from the available options, my original custom workspace is not displayed -- only a "mangled" version of my custom workspace is displayed. So after this, I must reset the layout to match my original custom workspace.
    Here is where a Reset Custom Workspace feature would be greatly appreciated.

If I have missed something here I would gladly like to hear how to address this situation.

I think that CorelDraw only keeps one version of a particular named workspace, and saves any changes that are made while working with it. If I understand correctly, I think that what you are requesting is that it store two versions of any named workspace - one version showing it as it was "originally" saved, and another version that reflects any changes made to the workspace since then. A "reset" of the custom workspace would invoke the as-originally-saved version.

I agree that such a feature would be nice to have. In the absence of such, here is what I would do, assuming that I had a workspace named Eskimo_poster_layout that I like to use, but that I wished to temporarily customize.

1. From Options->Workspace, I would select New...

2. I would base the new workspace on Eskimo_poster_layout. It would get its own name, e.g., Eskimo_poster_layout_2017-04-12.

3. I would use the checkbox in that dialog to "Set as current workspace".

4. I would modify that workspace to my heart's content for my immediate needs.

5. The original Eskimo_poster_layout workspace would be there, unchanged, when I need it.

• KenPhelps said:

Here is where a Reset Custom Workspace feature would be greatly appreciated.

I think that CorelDraw only keeps one version of a particular named workspace, and saves any changes that are made while working with it. If I understand correctly, I think that what you are requesting is that it store two versions of any named workspace - one version showing it as it was "originally" saved, and another version that reflects any changes made to the workspace since then. A "reset" of the custom workspace would invoke the as-originally-saved version.

I agree that such a feature would be nice to have. In the absence of such, here is what I would do, assuming that I had a workspace named Eskimo_poster_layout that I like to use, but that I wished to temporarily customize.

1.     From Options->Workspace, I would select New...

2.     I would base the new workspace on Eskimo_poster_layout. It would get its own name, e.g., Eskimo_poster_layout_2017-04-12.

3.     I would use the checkbox in that dialog to "Set as current workspace".

4.     I would modify that workspace to my heart's content for my immediate needs.

5.     The original Eskimo_poster_layout workspace would be there, unchanged, when I next wanted to use it.