Cannot convert curves when I select an object that is made into an envelope with shape tool it is grayed out.

Urgent matter with Corel X7!!

Dear Corel Support Team,
Cannot convert curves when I select an object that is made into an envelope with shape tool.
Convert to curves is not working when I select the object when I made it into an envelop. I want to convert it to curves using the convert to curves tool but it appears to be grayed out not usable. Is there a setting to make it active to edit object that are made into a envelop using the envelope tool?

I found a way to get around the problem but it is labor intensive. I have to use the trim tool to convert the object that is made into an envelope to convert it into curves.
Please add this fix in the next update of Corel X7 otherwise I am going back to Corel X6 
Sincerely,
Paul Kane
Parents
  • I have the same problem with envelope and perspective!

Glad I found this topic when I'm about to start a new one with despair. Maybe I and Paul have the same problem. If I create shape or text, add envelope or perspective, and select shape tool, you will be direct to envelope or editing perspective. And if you convert to curve that object, the envelope/perspective is finalised and you can edit converted object with shape tool.

BUT! If your object is already converted to curve or group of object, there is no way to finalise the envelope/perspective so you can edit the object with shape tool again. In X6 I use convert to curve to finalise the effect and go on to edit it with shape tool. For example I create poster as a group of some shape, add perspective effect to place it on wall. in X6 I can ungroup and convert each object to cureve again so I can edit it node to node - I can't do this in X7.

Paul trim the object but I weld smaller object to convert it to curve again to finalised envelope/perspective effect. That's not possible with group of object...I don't want to do such things to tons of objects!

Reply Children