Installation procedure?

I have X6 installed (Win7 Pro) and I just received my boxed X7 upgrade.  I just want to be sure of the correct step-by-step procedure to install X7.
X6 open or closed?  Install from disc or X6?

Thanks. 

Parents
No Data
  • First off, did you ever install a trial of X7?

If you did, do not uninstall it. All you need to do is to put in the serial number from the box version into it and that will make the trial identical to the box version. You should be given an option to put in the serial number when the trial starts.

If you have not installed a trial, you have two options:

• If you do not plan on keeping X6, it is probably best to uninstall it before installing X7.
    • Most people prefer to keep X6 for a while. The two versions should work together, but you must not repair or reinstall X6 after installing X7 (or if you do, you must also do a repair install X7 afterwards). Similarly, if you later decide to uninstall X6, you will probably need to do a repair install on X7.

X6 should not be running when you install X7. It is also a good idea to ensure X6 and windows itself are both fully updated before installing X7. Install the X6.41 patch if you have not already done that.

You probably already have ghostscript from X6. If not, include ghostscript in your X7 installation. It significantly improves the import of PDF files.

Once you have installed X7, all CDR and CPT files (even those from version X6) should open in X7 by default. This also applies to editing bit images -- if you are using Draw X6 and choose to edit a bit image, it will open in X7 photopaint. This is all correct and expected, and the only way that windows can work.

That is really all you should need to know.

Children