Can't Close or Save my document!

Help!... I was working in a text box...left for lunch...came back, and everything is "frozen" I can't get back into the text boxes to make edits, if I click into "edit text" I can make changes, but I can't save or close the program?

I have gone from X3 to X7 ... Does X7 have some kind of "sleep mode" that I am not aware of!!??

Parents
No Data
  • I'm a heavy CorelDraw user and this just happened to me for the first time. Version is X7 on 64-bit Windows 8.1. I'm a subscriber so I get regular updates.

I've been working on a very large report for the last week. Today the strange behaviour started when I found I could no longer select text or move my cursor around inside text boxes. I rebooted CorelDraw and the problem went away.

Later, however, after making about 10 minutes worth of edits I discovered the SAVE and SAVE AS options were disabled. I couldn't trigger a save via the menu or shortcut. I opened, saved and closed other .cdr documents with no problems. I made sure I was signed in (as a subscriber it is required). I am *not* trying to save to a folder synced to Dropbox or Google Drive. Turning off background tasks did nothing (I checked and I only have one CorelDraw task running anyway). Turning off auto backup did nothing. Auto-backup is indeed functioning - and thank goodness! - because this is how I was able to finally save my changes - by locating the auto backup file in my data directory.

With auto-backup in hand, I went to close the document. It won't close. The menu item isn't disabled; it just won't do it.

I'm pretty angry about the time I've lost because of this. I've used CorelDraw for more than a dozen years but I'm troubled by the severity of this issue and the fact that there is no support provided by Corel Corp. even though I pay subscriber fees every year.
Children