Large file size limits of Draw X7

What are the file size limits under CorelDraw X7?

Parents Reply Children
  • Jeff Harrison said:

What I've used Corel for now for a long time is to layout different sheets, booklets, magazines, and even a couple books and figure out where I want everything, how large everything will be, what will make the cut, what looks good next to what, toning adjacent photos, etc. using Corel as my idea pad and then going right to the final and print/pdf.

I use CorelDRAW in the same way. If you're nervous about corrupt files, you could save different file names from time to time so you have a backup in case something really goes wrong.

[/quote]

Yes, I do this too ever since on an early version I learned that corruption didn't show when I saved, only when I opened a file, so using the normal save and backup at that time, it was unlikely but possible to toast both the file and backup without realizing it until going to open it the next day and finding both corrupt.

I've been very happy with X3 and X5 performance so far working with files from 44 to 52 pages and 1.1 to 1.9 GB in size.

I believe I've only had to go back to a previous numbered file once or twice due to corruption since X3 came out, but I've actually used this to go back to a previous numbered file to retrieve elements due to changes so it's been not only a safety feature but handy as well. (e.g. when I rasterized a shadow over a powerclip and then wanted to change the element casting the shadow or when I rasterized a gradient so I could apply an additional oval vignette to give it two kinds of transparency and then wanted to make a change, I could go back to filename-33.cdr or filename-34.cdr based on the date on the file and get the element out of the "history" of saves.)