Problem loading cdr file in X7 but not X6?

I have tried to open several files (all related to the same client) in X7 only to get a loading error followed by the program crashing.   Normally, I would assume the file was corrupted, but I have opened these before and I can still open them in my older X6 version.  

What is going on here?  

I even created a new file in X6 based on the information in those same files and that new file will not open in X7 either.   Do I have some corrupt information that's only in these particular files for this particular client?   And why only recently can I not open these files when I have accessed them several times in the last 6 months?  

Note: These files are saved as 11 or X4 versions so my boss and/or our factory can open them with their versions of Corel.

Note: I do not use macros

If there is a fix that would be great, as I'm already really tired of X7 crashing ALL THE TIME.   In fact, I don't think I've properly shut X7 down in about 2 weeks now, and yes my updates are all up to date. 

Parents
  • Southern Cross said:
    I even created a new file in X6 based on the information in those same files and that new file will not open in X7 either.

That is a good clue. It is likely there is a particular feature in the file that is the cause of the problem.

My first guess would be make a copy of the file, delete all objects involving fonts, save it again in the original version and see if you can open it without the fonts. If you can, then its fairly likely that a specific font is the cause. X7 uses more font features than X6, so its possible that a font has a problem that might not have shown up in previous versions.

Reply Children