Workspace backup

I went to my Roaming folder (W7) and made a backup copy of the Corel folder, thinking that if I ever needed to F8, I could just throw that whole folder right back in and it would restore my settings, but that doesn't seem to be the case and I can't figure out why. . . isn't that where the settings are stored?

If I use the Export Workspace feature, does that copy all my Options, toolbars, CM settings, Printing setups, etc.?

Thank You,

joan

Parents
No Data
  • Hi Joan,
    This is where my workspaces are stored for PhotoPaint X6:

C:\Users\Phil\AppData\Roaming\Corel\CorelDRAW Graphics Suite X6 (or X7)\PhotoPaint\Workspace.

AppData is a hidden folder.  You have to show it.
       It's easier to import/export directly from PhotoPaint or DRAW than to use Windows.  Use Tools > Options > Workspace and then New, etc. You can save everything from the above folder to an external hard drive if your computer fails.  The Export dialog box allows you to choose what is saved.  I save everything.
    The Workspace dialog is also a very convenient way to restore workspaces instead of shutting down - opening again and using F8. I frequently have icons disappear from my home made tool bars.  They get instantly restored by clicking on one of the other workspaces and then clicking on the one that I was using.

Phil

Children