Where can we complain

Hi Everybody,
--  ONCE AGAIN.   ---  Missing thumbnails have been a chronic problem for some of us for the last ten years.  It's still going on after ten years despite X7.4 and a promise to convene the staff to look into it.
--   I could not see CPT, CDR, or CMX  thumbnails in Windows Explorer after installing X7.4.   Mystic Thumbs cured the CDR thumbnails  problem.  I cured the CPT and CMX problem by sending X7 to the garbage can and reinstalling X6.
--    Mystic Thumbs makes thumbnails for over one hundred file types.  That includes Corel's PaintShopPro's  "pspimage" files.  They have said that they can do the same for CPT files.  They only require information on the CPT file structure from Corel.
--  Gerard has refused point blank to send information to Mystic Thumbs about Corel 's CDGS file structures.  The reason, "It's proprietary."   Yet everyone else  in the universe publishes information on their file structures.  That includes Corel's PaintShopPro's "pspimage"  image format.
--  Gerard has been completely irrational about this problem for the last ten years.  Would you  know who to complain to at Corel in order to get past Gerard. 
Phil

Parents
No Data
  • Phil1923 said:
    ONCE AGAIN

Once again... have you tried Connect X7?

Phil1923 said:
    Missing thumbnails have been a chronic problem for some of us for the last ten years.  It's still going on after ten years despite X7.4 and a promise to convene the staff to look into it.

Within a few months, Microsoft presented Windows 10. That may be the solution to the problem ... or it may aggravate it even more.

Phil1923 said:
    I cured the CPT and CMX problem by sending X7 to the garbage can and reinstalling X6.

Have you both versions installed now?

Phil1923 said:
    Mystic Thumbs makes thumbnails for over one hundred file types. 

MysticThumbs is not Corel. Period. Stop bother with the same subject, please.

Phil1923 said:
    Gerard has refused point blank to send information to Mystic Thumbs about Corel 's CDGS file structures.  The reason, "It's proprietary."   Yet everyone else  in the universe publishes information on their file structures.  That includes Corel's PaintShopPro's "pspimage"  image format.
    --  Gerard has been completely irrational about this problem for the last ten years.  Would you  know who to complain to at Corel in order to get past Gerard. 

Gerard is not Corel. Who took the decision not to provide this information was Corel, not Gerard. Gerard has a very important position but is not the only decision-maker. On the other side, seems you don't know who's Gerard, and how important it has been the contribution of Gerard in these years. You should remember that the error existed before Gerard arrived, even in the golden age of Cowpland (and for that matter, Cowpland not seek a solution nor provided information to any other company). Maybe you should meet Tom Berquist, the Corel CEO, and you should invite him a coffee or a beer to discuss your ideas about how to lead a company. I think you live closer to Tom than me, but if one day you meet, would like to be present (if you convince Tom to pay my flight, I invite the you coffee or beer ...)

I think you're pointing your cannons in the wrong direction

Children
No Data