Fresh or repair install corel 7

I am thinking of reinstalling Corel X7 because of some software bugs that I can't get rid of.   Latest build 7.4 hasnt helped.

I was wondering if its possible to do a 'repair install' that would leave all my macros intact or do I need to do a totally fresh install. 

I have a few macros installed that are going to be a total pain trying to figure out where and how...  all the install files are and how they were installed etc.

Also, is there somewhere where I can download the latest build or do I have to use the origlnal install files and then patch.

Thanks in advance

Parents
  • Repair install will not affect your macros, but I'd suggest you should find the macro folder and back it up occasionally.

The two most likely places for X7 macros are

but I'd suggest you also do a global search in case any are elsewhere. In windows 7 onwards you can search for type:=.gms to find them.

Repair install will reinstall only whatever version you currently have, but you can download the X7.4 version from the patches and updates section at corel.com and run this to ensure you have the latest versions. It is also desirable to do this whenever you do a modify install. In some cases (the shell extension is an example) uninstalling a component and then reinstalling it will cause an unpatched version to be installed. I've asked for this to be fixed, but at the moment it is important to re-run the update patch whenever you install a new component.

Reply Children