Texture fill limit

I have used Coreldraw  7 for many years with very few problems. Having recently switched fro Windows XP to Windows 7, I purchased Coreldraw X7 (Home & Student) and am rather disappointed by some of the problems I am encountering. In the old program I could create a large rectangle that almost filled the page, and completely fill it with a texture such as "Airbrush"  or "Neon Slice" with the bitmap resolution and maximum size set to (for example) 120 and 257 respectively. If I do the same thing in X7 I end up with several "tiles" in the fill pattern, and  changing the resolution and/or tile width makes no difference. Is this a bug, or a limitation, or am I doing something wrong? To add to the mystery,  if I create a large  texture-filled rectangle using my old Coreldraw 7, save the file, and then open it in X7, it is perfectly OK. It's only when I try to create the same thing from scratch in X7 that the problem occurs.

Parents
  • CorelDRAW 7.0 was many years backsince I used. It was my first version though :-)

When creating the rectangle, and you like to fill the rectangle, do you use the PowerClip feature?

Have you tried using the Interactive Fill Tool?

Lets say you are using the Inetractive Fill Tool. 1) Create a Rectangle 2) Interactive Fill Tool in the Toolbar 3) And choose let say Bitmap Pattern Fill in the Property Bar, while Interactive Fill Tool is selected, you can click the Edit Fill icon/button to the right on the fill features in the propert bar, and make adjustments there.

Or if you simply have a fill to fill a rectangle, is PowerClip something that would work for you?

Reply Children