CorelDraw X7 HotFix 1 Update4

I have CorelDraw X7 (on windows 7) with a subscription, so I like to keep current with all the updates. I did not encounter any issues after I installed update4. However, I just installed the HotFix1 Update4 and now I can not open ANY of my corel files. This is extremely frustrating! I can create a new document. But any time I try to open a file I created before the hot fix install it just spins and does not load. I do not have any error messages. Task Manager just says CorelDraw is not responding. HELP! I need to be able to edit files I created before the hot fix install! I have restarted my machine and done a Repair to corel draw. It didn't help. What do I do?

Parents
  • Hello,
    I'm having similar issues. Almost no trouble with Update 4, except those mentioned in the forums here (separate posts I made about custom color palettes and CMYK pattern fills). The Hot Fix 1 for Update 4 blocked all access to the software so it wouldn't load (Draw, Photo-Paint, etc.) either directly or through opening a file. The task manager doesn't even list it as "Not Responding" but the Presentation Screen stays at "Initializing User Interface..." and does nothing else.
    I restarted the machine, shut down and booted it up, ran a disk cleaner, ran a repair of CDGSX7, ran a registry cleanup. When nothing worked, I installed the Hot Fix two more times on clean installations of CDGSX7 with Update 4 applied. Same result. Tried the same things as before. Still nothing. I've now done one last clean install and applied Update 4 without the Hot Fix and everything is working. I did find it odd that the Hot Fix did not once ask me to log into my Corel account before installing (I was logged the first time, but not the second and third--I normally work offline), when updates normally do so and even provide the log-in screen before installing. I'm running an up-to-date version of Win 8.1 (64-bit).
Reply Children
No Data