Parts of pictures not printing in CorelDRAW

I haven't tried printing anything else out, but in the last few months (since February) I've had a problem when printing greeting cards. That is a document made up of four "pages" which all print on the same side of an A4 sheet in such a way that I can fold the card into four to make a birthday card.

I've got my own template, based on CorelDRAW's template from about version X3, which is updated to the latest version every year when I change the date. Previously I've had no problems creating a picture in Corel Photo Paint and then either copying and pasting, or saving it as a .jpg, and then importing that into CorelDRAW. But since February, although the print preview shows no issues, the picture doesn't print completely. Sometimes the background of the original photo prints, but the extra elements I've added in Photo Paint don't - or else they only partially print. (the right half).

Other times I've created a rectangle in CorelDRAW, filled it with a textured fill, and then only half of the rectangle prints. Or a glow shadow effect that I've added to a picture in CorelDRAW has not printed at all, leaving parts of a white square (no background) around the image the shadow is based on. In this situation, the gradient fill background has printed (except for the white bits), but the elements in front haven't.

When I've had these problems I've ended up saving the document as a .pdf file and printing that, but it doesn't look as good as the original should

Text typed into CorelDRAW has no problem printing.

My printer is a Dell colour laser connected to my computer via a print server on a WiFi network.

I can't think of any updates that have happened to my system, apart from possibly CorelDRAW Grapics Suite X7. Has anyone else had this problem? Has anyone got the solution?

Parents
No Data
  • Here is a screen dump of one of my cards, (I know, my drawing's not up to the standard of a lot of you guys) and a (bad) scan of my printer's output.

The only reason that I'm not happy with the pdf's output is that it's a hassle getting the pages in the right order in CorelDRAW so I can fold the card the way it's meant to be. And that it prints slightly smaller than the original, so the margins are all up the chute.

Children
  • That looks like a bug that was reported some time ago in booklet printing mode. The tent layout is pretty similar.

Currently, the only fix is to create a PDF (using the internal file > publish to PDF, not an external PDF print driver) and to print from a PDF reader.

PDFs should not print any smaller -- the error is a setting in the PDF reader or your print driver. Either "reduce to fit" is set or the paper size in the print driverer is not the same as the document.

If you cannot find the reason for PDFs printing at reduced size, one of these may help:

• Before publishing to PDF, reduce the page size of the CDR file to allow for the printer's unprintable margins (typically 5mm on each edge, so reduce both dimensions by 10mm)
    • In PDF settings, go to prepress, set a bleed limit of 0 and turn crop marks off.

The result should be a PDF with no cropmarks which already fits the printable margins, and therefore no further reduction when printing from the PDF reader.