PDF file size is Huge??

When generating (saving as PDF) out of Corel7, why can't I get the files size down? The file size id huge with the object size scroll set to smallest.

Parents
No Data
  • kaymerica said:
    When generating (saving as PDF) out of Corel7, why can't I get the files size down? The file size id huge with the object size scroll set to smallest.

The file size of the PDF is relative to the setting you choose when Export to PDF (not Save) and/or Publish as PDF. For example, PDF X/3 will create a bigger file than PDF for Web since it will downsample images at 300 dpi on CMYK while PDF for web will downsample at 72 dpi on RGB color mode. But if you need the PDF for print, you need to use high resolution. It's not "good" or "wrong", it's according what you need. For eample, you can choose PDF for Document distribution, then change the settings. On the "Objects" tab you will see that is using JPG with only few compression, increasing he file compression will be produce a smaller file, but take care, since it will reduce the quality. Also, the Bitmaps will be downsampled at 200 dpi, if it's only for see on computer and not for print, you can use 150 dpi instead or even less.

Rajat Jan said:
    After converting into PDF, you have to type Ctrl+P in PDF then print it as PDF.
    It will reduce size of PDF.

No, that doesn't change the file size if you are using the same settings than Publish to PDF. Only changes if you use different settings, then it's the same than Publish to PDF. Moreover, the presets of CorelDRAW are the same than Adobe

kaymerica said:
    I am using another pdf creator program - print function to PDF...I was looking to avoid this step and PDF directly from Corel X7 

The only advantadge of use Print to PDF instead Publish to PDF is if you need to use the Imposition tools of the Print Preview. If you don't use it, there's no reason to use an external program for do the same then the main program. There's no difference. I added a shortcut for Publish to PDF and it's faster than print to PDF

Children